Love The Shore- Oceans First
August 14- September 14
Opening Reception and Silent Auction of original artwork that will benefit Clean Ocean Action
August 17, 5:00-7:00
Love the Shore? Then we all must truly LOVE the Shore and be responsible and proactive for its welfare and longevity.
Digital Submissions Extended: August 9, @ 11:59pm
Artwork Drop off: August 11, 10:00am – 1:00pm
Opening Reception: August 17, 5:00 – 7:00pm
Artwork Pick up: September 15, 10:00am – 1:00pm
Love the Show- Oceans First Show Committee Chair: K. Dorsey Lucas
BAC Member – $20 for first entry and $10 for second entry
Non-member – $30 for first entry and $20 for second entry
- Open to artists of all ages
- Open to paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media and sculpture
- All works must be for sale.
- All works entered must be original creations by the artist, completed within the past three years and not in violation of copyright or trademark protections from any other artist.
- The artwork delivered must match your digital submissions. If works are below our professional standards or are not display ready, the committee has the right to deny your submissions with no refunds.
- To enter, fill out the entry form below and submit a clear image for each entry. The image can be a jpeg, png, or tiff. To resize your image, open it in an image processing program and change the dimensions to between 800–1200 pixels on the largest side. Do NOT submit thumbnails (less than 800×800 pixels). Change the resolution to 72dpi. Make sure the resulting file size is less than 1mb.
- NAME YOUR IMAGE THIS WAY (PLEASE): Name your image file BEFORE you upload it to the entry form using this format:
- Do not add any other information to your image name.
- BAC members: $20 for first entry and $10 for a second entry
- Non-members: $30 for first entry and $20 for a second entry
- Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout. All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
- Your work must be hand-delivered to the BAC, 608 River Rd, Belmar, NJ 07719. The BAC is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
- Your artwork must be wired for hanging: no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string, or tape are permitted.
- Your two-dimensional works must be wired for hanging: no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string, or tape are permitted.
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three-dimensional work can be freestanding or displayed on a pedestal. You do not need to provide a pedestal unless a special size is needed. All three-dimensional work must be able to be lifted by one person
Sales and Commission:
Art sold is subject to a 25% commission fee for members and 40% for non-members. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by BAC. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to Belmar Arts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by Belmar Arts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show.
BAC will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. BAC and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
BAC reserves the right to use digital images of exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit and BAC on social media, websites, and advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty: If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for someone else to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the BAC and will be sold to benefit the BAC.
Questions: Please contact BAC at firstname.lastname@example.org