Restaurants, bars, and vendors are using liquid nitrogen to add a smoky, vapor effect to cocktails, dessert trays, and other items, reports Food & Wine. Despite its visual appeal, the Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers that liquid nitrogen–infused foods and drinks can be dangerous and therefore should be avoided. Items with liquid nitrogen are often marketed as “dragon’s breath,” “heaven’s breath,” or “nitro puff.”

Liquid nitrogen can cause severe damage to skin and internal organs if mishandled or accidentally ingested, says FDA. Inhaling the vapor released by liquid nitrogen can cause breathing difficulty, especially for those who have asthma. There have already been some cases reported with injuries that were severe, and in some instances, life-threatening, according to the report.

For the complete FDA notification, click here: