This weekend, you’ll gain an extra hour when Daylight Savings Time goes into effect at 2 AM Sunday morning. Put that time to good use by throwing an impromptu cocktail hour Saturday night — and make every drink a double, since guests will have double the time to enjoy them! To kick off the party, we suggest celebrating the longer days with a Tequila Sunrise!
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger tequila
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ice cubes
- 1/2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger grenadine syrup
- 1 slice orange, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Stir or shake together tequila and orange juice. Fill a chilled 12 ounce glass with ice cubes; pour in orange juice mixture. Slowly pour in the grenadine, and allow it to settle to the bottom of the glass (be patient). Garnish with a slice of orange, and a maraschino cherry.