Content provided by our partner, Noah’s Ark Pet Crematory ~
Walking has many benefits for both humans and dogs. Studies have shown that for overweight people/dogs, a 30-minute walk, three times per week can reduce blood pressure, increase energy, improve the sense of well-being, and lower your weight by 5% and your dog’s by 15%. Here are 5 reasons you and your dog can benefit from daily walks.
- Strengthens Your Bond. Daily walks provide quality time for you and your pooch. This is extremely important to your dog’s behavioral development and will provide the foundation for a trusting relationship.
- Helps with Weight Control. Heading out on a nice, long walk can help keep those extra pounds away for year-long health.
- Improves Socialization. Walks are a great way for you and your dog to experience the world together. Take an adventure to new places and delight in the sights and smells around you.
- Increases Physical and Mental Health. Humans and dogs have several health issues that can be prevented or treated by regular exercise and a healthy diet. Not to mention the extra activity is great for overcoming dog boredom.
- Decreases loneliness. Solitary walks (for the humans) or sitting in the backyard (for the dogs) can get pretty lonely. Quality walks together can reduce feelings of loneliness for you and your dog.
Ready to go? Start out slow to avoid injuries and gradually work your way up to 30-60 minute daily walks. Remember to keep your dog leashed and always have bags handy for those potty breaks. Also, avoid walking in extreme cold or heat and make sure you have fresh water available.
Here at Noah’s Ark, we help celebrate the life of your cherished friend by offering a loving and compassionate cremation service. We can provide a plaster paw print, hair clipping, and memorial DVD upon request at no additional cost.
Noah’s Ark Pet Crematory
2643 Old Bridge Road Manasquan, NJ 08736
732-528-6624 or 732-528-NOAH