Content provided by our partner True Rest Float Spa in Brick ~
Epsom salt floatation tanks are an excellent way of combating stress, alleviating muscular aches and pains and for reaching Zen like states of relaxation.
The buoyancy in a float tank is provided by creating a super saturated mixture of Epsom salts and water, allowing the user to float effortlessly on top of the skin temperature solution.
Epsom salts, or technically Magnesium Sulphate, or even more technically Magnesium Sulphate (MgSO4·7H2O), has been used for centuries as an effective cure all.
Soaking in Epsom salts has been found to stimulate lymph drainage, and promote the absorption of Magnesium and Sulphates.
Magnesium is the second-most abundant element in human cells and the fourth-most important positively charged ion in the body, so it is little wonder this low-profile mineral is so vital to good health and well-being. Magnesium, a major component of Epsom Salt, also helps to regulate the activity of more than 325 enzymes and performs a vital role in orchestrating many bodily functions, from muscle control and electrical impulses to energy production and the elimination of harmful toxins.
Magnesium levels have dropped by half in the last century due to changes in agriculture and diet. Industrial farming has depleted Magnesium from soil and the typical diet contains much less Magnesium than that of our forefathers. In fact, the modern diet with its fat, sugar, salt and protein actually works to speed up the depletion of Magnesium from our bodies.
57% of the US population does not meet the US Recommended Dietary Allowance for dietary intake of magnesium.
Researchers and physicians report that raising your magnesium and sulphate levels could help in the following ways:
- Improve heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure
- Improve the body’s ability to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes
- Flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances
- Improve nerve function by regulating electrolytes. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood
- Relieve stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
When using a float tank Magnesium is absorbed through the skin due to natural molecular diffusion, the body optimizes the levels of Magnesium, so there is no overload effect from floating in the salts for extended periods.
While increasing your Magnesium levels, Epsom salt also delivers sulphates, which are extremely difficult to get through food but which readily absorb through the skin.
Still not intrigued? Read this testimonial from one of our clients from a sister True REST Float Spa: “Ten years of chronic, constant pain and in one hour I finally got relief! Each time I’ve come back my pain levels are lower than the time previous and the relief lasts longer after each float. Every time I come out of the REST Pod my pain levels return to zero or near zero! WOW! Thank you True REST.”
We are located in the Town Hall Shoppes of Brick at 990 Cedar Bridge Ave., Suite 13B, Brick, N.J.
We hope to host you soon. https://www.truerest.com/locations/brick/