In preparation for the upcoming feast, I’ll be sharing lots of fun recipes, especially healthy ones. With a few minor adjustments, Thanksgiving dinner can be deliciously good for you! Here’s an easy sweet potato recipe that you can make in advance:
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes (orange, purple or white)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (acv)
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- extra seasonings of your choice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add chopped sweet potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes. You want potatoes to be soft enough to fork but not mushy. Drain sweet potatoes and add to a large bowl and stick in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once potatoes are cooled, add celery and onion to the large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl add: garlic, acv, tahini, lemon, mustard, olive oil, cayenne, salt and pepper and stir well. Adjust flavor to your liking. Once sweet potatoes have cooled add those to the large bowl. Pour tahini dressing over the top and stir well. Add any extra seasonings you wish. Serve potato salad chilled. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Recipe created by Sarah and Peter Hagstrom and shared on www.onegreenplanet.org