||Not a day goes by that we don’t hear of someone who had their accounts hacked or was a victim of fraud. Given recent data breaches in the news, fraud prevention is a growing concern. There’s no better time to recognize and prepare for the threats we face.
Here is a list from Santander Bank of 5 valuable tips to help you protect yourself from fraud and identity theft:
- Keep your Online/Mobile Banking User ID and Password safe.
- Never give out or write down your Online/Mobile Banking User ID and Password.
- Set up account alerts to flag account activity, including:
- Excessive spending on your debit or credit card(s).
- Recent password, address or other personal account changes.
- Review your credit reports carefully at least once a year, whether or not you suspect any unauthorized activity.
- Consider credit/identity theft monitoring services.
For more information we have listed the three major credit bureaus’ contact information: