One of the best parts of living at the Jersey Shore is enjoying the delicious corn! Stop by your local farm stand and grab a dozen. Here is a super easy recipe to prepare (and to reheat). Corn fritters are delicious to eat, and are a fun way to enjoy your corn this season!
3 cups raw fresh corn kernels from about 4 ears
1 large egg
3 tbsp corn starch
3 tbsp whole wheat flour use cornmeal for gluten-free
2 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 green onion minced
3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil to cook the fritters
Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Sliced green onions
Fresh corn kernels
Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Put half the corn kernels, egg, corn starch, flour or cornmeal, heavy cream, salt and cayenne in the bowl of your food processor. Process on high until a batter forms.
2. Remove the blade and stir in the rest of the corn kernels as well as the green onions.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet set over medium heat, then drop the batter into the hot pan by heaping tablespoons about 4 to 6 at a time depending on the size of your skillet. Fry until a lightly golden crust forms, about 45 seconds
to 1 minute, then flip very delicately and fry the other side for about the same time, until golden.
4. Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Add a little bit more oil to the pan with each new batch, or as
5. Serve without delay, garnished with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream, sliced green onions, fresh corn kernels and a dash of cayenne.
Author Sonia! https://thehealthyfoodie.com/