FREE LIVE on Online This Thursday 5/14 at 7 pm
First play, “The Valor of My Tongue.” It is a meta play, written and directed by Sheila Duane, about the day Macbeth meets the woman who will become his undoing, Lady Macbeth. Starring AJ Melnick as General Macbeth and Renee Panagos as Ingen (Lady Macbeth)
Second play, “Wanna Sing the Blues” also written and directed by Sheila Duane is the story of a young southern belle, Kitty Greene, who (like most people at one time or another) falls in love with a lothario saxophone player. Kitty seeks the assistance of Papa A, a man who was once the most famous Bluesman in Mississippi. And Papa A teaches her to sing the blues!
“Wanna Sing the Blues” also stars AJ Melnick as ‘Papa A’ Cosmo Abraham and Renee Panagos as Miss Kitty Greene.
Both plays are 10 minutes and will be shown live on Facebook with a brief 10 minute Q & A will follow each performance. These performances are available on Jersey Shore Arts Center’s Youtube channel for viewing after 5/14.
As part of Jersey Shore Arts Center’s ongoing mission to support local artists and local arts programs to the Jersey Shore Communities.
ALSO…Our JSAC COVID-19 GE Fund Drive continues until May 14! The performance is free – we encourage those who watch our event online to help us continue our endeavors to support local artists, performers, artisans and arts educators.
There are other ways to support us:
- Support/Promote our JSAC Residents and their programs. See our link here to learn about all that they offer.
- Participate/Support/Promote our upcoming “Run for the Arts” 5K September 26, 2020
- Support/Promote JSAC events through corporate and company sponsorships (printed programs, social media, and website link backs)
- Purchase goods through AmazonSmiles: Ocean Grove Historic Preservation Society. Percentage of sales goes towards our mission.
- Ask your employer to match your donation amount in Gofundme.
- Volunteer for events and building projects, we can always use the extra hands and feet.
- Take a tour of our building and make an on-the-spot donation, contact email@example.com to schedule after restrictions are lifted.
- Rent our venue and studio spaces in our building. Revenues go toward our general expenses.
Thank you for being a part of the Jersey Shore Arts Center Team.
Hope you are healthy and safe.
Jersey Shore Arts Center