Most people believe Spring is the best time to sell your home, and that’s very true for the majority of homeowners since it’s warmer outside and the Holiday season is over. However, there are other factors to consider when determining the best time to put your home on the market.
Check out the tips below to help set you up for the “Selling Season” that works best for you.
- Know your regional market. Where you live is key and while homes in the Northern and Eastern parts of the country see Spring as the most popular selling season, states like Florida and in the Southwest see a boom in the Winter months due to the warmer climate.
- May or June? The most popular month is May for home listings, but the Spring selling season really begins the end of March and runs through June. Don’t worry though, there are still plenty of home buyers during the summer months too.
- Down to the Day. Since buyers typically go to Open House events over the weekend, homes listed on Thursday see an increase in activity and sell for more money on average than homes listed on other days of the week.
- Is it a Sellers Market? When there are more potential home buyers than properties and you are on the fence about listing your home, a sellers market just might be the perfect time as you’ll most likely get multiple offers and at over listing price–that’s great news for you.
- What is your home worth? You want to get the best price for your property, and knowing what other homes are selling for in your area, will help you to be competitively priced so you can list your home with confidence. Get your home appraised by a professional realtor before deciding on a selling price.